Monday, June 16, 2008

Freezer meals

I started getting interested in packaging my own meals for my freezer when I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I knew that things were going to be getting busy around my house. It just happened that Deanna Buxton was a guest at our church's Enrichment night. She taught us all about her system of cooking and freezing meals.
http://seagullbook.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=358736&Category_Code=1035

I really liked her method, although I have changed things to fit my lifestyle. These are a few things that I do.
1. I usually just double what we are making for dinner that night and put one in the freezer.
2. If I get a great deal on a protien I will buy a lot of it and make a bunch of meals with it.
3. I have a girls nite with my good friends and each of us prepare a freezer meal to share.
4. I freeze a lot of meals in gallon freezer bags,I make my casseroles in disposable 8x8 pans.

I will be adding more tips to maximize your freezer soon, in the mean time enjoy these recipies!
Jeans

No comments: