Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My recipes


It has been a crazy week here! I have been to the dentist twice in less than a week, along with all the other appointments I have had, and a friend popping in tonight was the night I cooked the dinner I had planned for last night.

Teriyaki Chicken
15 oz teriyaki sauce
6 T sesame oil
3-4 pressed garlic cloves
1 lemon juiced (I had a 2 limes)
2 T honey
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2-3 inches grated fresh ginger
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs

Mix all together and marinate meat for 12 hours. I like to add this to a bag of chicken and then freeze it, when it thaws it will marinate.

Japanese Ginger salad dressing ~adapted from You On a Diet book
1/2 cup olive oil mayonaise ( the recipe uses olive oil, but I like it creamier.)
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1 small sweet onion quartered
1 large carrot chopped
juice from one orange about 4 T
2 T grated fresh ginger
1 T soy sauce (add 1 t at a time to taste.)
3-4 T agave nectar, to taste
black pepper to taste

Through everything in the blender and process until smooth.

I made a salad with butter and romaine lettuce, grated carrots, sliced english cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, fresh bean sprouts, sliced nori sheets, snow peas, and pumpkin seeds.

No comments: