Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Asian Meatballs in Coconut peanut sauce

This was another winner at our house last night!
Here is the recipe as I prepared it:

1 lb ground turkey
2 T hoisin sauce
1 T ground flax seeds
1T ground oatmeal
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 egg
2 cloves garlic minced
1 T fresh ginger
salt and pepper

Sauce
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 T soy sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cilantro
1 T fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic minced
zest of one lemon

Pre heat oven to 400. Mix meatball ingredients together and form balls, I used a small scoop, and place on a baking sheet. I made 20 balls. Bake for 18-20 minutes.

Place all sauce ingredients in a medium sauce pan and whisk to combine.

I made whole wheat spaghetti instead of rice noodles to serve this on. This meal came together in less than 30 minutes! I served it with some sauteed Bok Choy. DH asked me to make it again!
I love kitchen success!

You can find the original recipe here

No comments: